Inspite of using the Named Clothing Reeta Shirt Dress to make tops three times (see here, here and here), I’ve never actually made the dress version. I finally bit the bullet and made it as intended (albeit with the addition of long cuffed sleeves) using some viscose crepe purchased from eBay. Conclusion: love it, and it’s already been worn several times.
This is such an easy to wear dress and I love the adjustable waist. I definitely want to make another version, maybe this time with short sleeves.
- This is a size 18 grading out at the waist/ hips
- I did a 1 inch FBA
- I had previously done a 1 inch full bicep adjustment
- I added a 1 inch pleat to the back (had also done that on a previous version)
- I removed 7 inches from the length
- I made the height of the side vents 10 inches
- I added long sleeves with vents and cuffs
- I took 2 inches to hem.
Like I say, love this pattern, especially in this drapey viscose crepe (one of my favourite fabrics to sew and wear). And the blue animal print feels fresh and fun.