In an attempt to get up to date with blogging, here goes trying to write and post a blog post from my phone for the first time! (I’m using the WordPress app for anyone interested).
I’ve made this pattern once before (see here), and check below for my modifications to this version. The fabric for this version is a cosy pre-quilted fabric I purchased from eBay. It claims to be waterproof…I would say maybe shower proof. It’s a microfibre fabric quilted to a 135g polyester wadding. I wore this coat for a weekend away last week (sunny but cold Lancaster/ Morecambe Bay – see below for photographic evidence), and it was perfect. Lightweight but warm.
Check my first version for previous modifications
- Moved the Dior dart down by 0.75 inches and top stitched it.
- Did a 0.5 inch sway back adjustment.
- Cut the inner yoke on the cross grain due to fabric limitations.
- Omitted all interfacing/ internal tailoring.
- Took 3/8ths inch seam allowance for side seams.
- Added shoulder pads.
- Topstitched all seams and front edges and hems.
- Added snap closures.
- Bagged the lining out.
- Added fleece to pocket linings.
- For next time: possibly do a forward shoulder adjustment.
Overall, very happy with how this turned out. Didn’t seem so bad doing this on my phone, hopefully get caught up soon. Bye for now!