A little while back I shared my Durban jumpsuit. Well, today I am sharing a dress I made using the bodice from the Durban jumpsuit. It’s made from a very soft, fine cotton baby cord that I found on eBay. Using anything too bulky and the gathering probably wouldn’t work.
There’s not a whole heap to say about this dress. It’s warm and comfortable and easy to wear. Paired with tights and boots it’s great for work or being out and about (I also have a jersey slip on under this). So far the sleeves haven’t caused me any issues, but I have to remember that for winter wear large sleeves are not always compatible with coats. jackets and cardigans etc
Pattern Alterations/ Fitting Notes
For full details of pattern alterations check my first version out (link above). For this version:
- I added 0.5 inches to the length of the bodice, front and back
- I added a tiered skirt
- I lengthened the sleeves by 5 inches and widened the openings by the same, and inserted elastic in the openings to gather them
- Added narrow ties sewn in at the side seams
Simple changes that create a completely different look!
See you soon.