Vikisews is a Russian pattern company that has accumulated a large and devoted following in recent times. I wasn’t sure the sizing would work for me, but turns out that it does. I am not saying it is the most size inclusive pattern company, but I was able to fit in to their sizing. Check this pattern company out if you like fashion forward, well drafted patterns with neat details. The patterns come with very detailed (English) instructions featuring coloured photography, although some of the explanations did leave me scratching my head some what, a confident beginner would be fine.
This is the Deborah Blouse. I have been wanting to find a bra-friendly square necked dress or blouse for ages, and this ticks both of those boxes. I made this version in brocade which I purchased from Mood Fabrics a few years back whilst visiting the States. I wanted something that I could wear out, and did in fact wear this for my birthday dinner a few weeks back.
When I first made this I wasn’t so sure about it. But I do like it, it has been worn, and hopefully it will be worn again. I think it will be useful over the festive season.
Pattern Alterations/ Fitting Notes
- This is a size 50 in the 154 – 160 cm height range
- I didn’t muslin this, but did some flat pattern measurements and went for it
- I did a 1 inch FBA
- I lengthened the top by 0.5 inches
- I moved the whole shoulder seam forward by 0.5 inches
- I used slightly smaller seam allowances at the waist
- I didn’t quite understand the zipper installation instructions, but did my own thing and it was fine
- I did stay stitch all the neck line pieces
I do wish the patterns came multi-sized, but at the moment anyway, they are only single sized. I do like their fashion forward styles so maybe I will try them again sometime.