I am almost caught up with my pre-holiday sewing. One more item to go after this one. Today I am sharing details of the Anthea Blouse by new-to-me pattern designer, Anna Allen. I combined two different eyelet fabrics (found on eBay) to create an airy summer blouse.
This blouse is simple to sew and the fit is fairly forgiving. I love the puff sleeves, and the fact you also have a dress option included. Full adjustment details below.
- This is a size 18 (view A, but with the sleeves from View B). The pattern only goes up to a size 22.
- The bust and waist points are marked, which is great. Also, comprehensive finished garment measurements are given.
- The pattern is drafted for a height of 5.5″, and a B/C cup. As drafted, this blouse is dartless.
- I did a 1 inch FBA which brought a bust dart in.
- I am sure I shortened the sleeves somewhat, but I don’t seem to have recorded that.
- Due to fabric limitations, I ended up adding a centre back seam to the back piece, and french seaming the two back pieces together.
Quick and simple and easy to wear in warm weather.
See you soon!