A Super short post today to share a top I made using McCalls 7974. I have made this pattern once before as a dress (see here), and it really wasn’t very hard to modify it to top length, simply by shortening the skirt pieces to create a short ruffled peplum.
As a general rule I am not a huge fan of peplums on me, but maybe its the soft viscose fabric (purchased from Rainbow Fabrics), or the fact it is just softly gathered rather than being a circular peplum, but I like this top. A lot. It’s just so fresh and easy to wear for summer.
Definitely a new favourite in my wardrobe.
- Check out my first version for initial alterations
- I cut the skirt pattern pieces off to form a peplum with a finished length of approximately 7 inches
- I made the skirt front and side one piece and the same with the skirt back and side to avoid pattern matching at those seams
- I lowered the centre front by 0.5 inches from my first version
- I shortened view B sleeve by 4 inches
- I did a 1 inch full bicep adjustment
Sweet and simple and I love it.
See you soon.