Today I wanted to share some PJs that I made for Kezia but then I realised I have never shared my new favourite PJ pattern combo for myself, so today you get both!
Let’s start with Kezia’s set. This the free Peppermint Magazine Loungwear set designed by Common Stitch and which is available up to 52 inches hip. I made them in a polyester satin (that was Kezia’s preference), and added some feather trim to the leg opening. They are currently in the wash for the first time, so I can’t comment on how well that trim is going to wash. If it goes like rats tails I have warned her the trim may have to be chopped off!
Kezia measured as a size C for the top and a size D for the bottoms, but I sized down for both. I went with a size A for the top (which still had 47 cms of positive ease) and a size B for the bottoms (which still had 17 cms of positive ease). They are pretty spot on in terms of fit. The one issue I had was the size of the neck opening: it was far too small as designed. I ended up cutting off the facing that I had already attached which enlarged the neck opening, and finished the opening with a bias bound finish in self fabric. It’s all good now.
Major mummy points scored for this one and she seems happy with the finished set (she recently watched Gossip Girl so she likes to think it has Blair Waldorf vibes). A great pattern, given that it is free, and I love the pocket design – in fact I have already used them on some forthcoming trousers that I will share soon.
Now I want to share my new favourite PJ pattern for myself. About 12 months ago I made my first pair of jersey PJs and since then I find myself reaching for them over any other woven pair I have made. That first pair was made using viscose jersey, the quality of which was pretty bad. After that I switched to cotton jersey and the white pair I am sharing today are probably already a year old but have washed and worn like a dream. Both these sets were made using fabric from Fabworks, with the ribbing picked up from Ebay. The pink pair are a more recent addition to my wardrobe but both are just so soft and comfortable. Love!
To make both these sets I used my TNT jersey bottom pattern that I have made countless times, Simplicity 1187, and the top was made using Simplicity 2317. Both these patterns are old (search my blog to see previous iterations), and I don’t even know if they are still available, so I am not going to link them. Neither of the pattern envelopes are particularly appealing, but you have to look beyond dating or dubious styling and read the line drawings.
See you all soon!