Today’s post features a remake of an active wear outfit that I first made 4 years ago. Check out the outfit back then:
I have come a long way since then in terms of understanding fit, fabric and mastering sewing techniques! Working out from home and I was tired of the active wear I was wearing and so I decided to make myself a new set. That’s the beauty of being a sewist 🙂 BTW the first version of this outfit I made didn’t get worn an awful lot: I think it was largely due to the shiny fabric which I just didn’t like.
On the first version of this outfit I didn’t properly bind the neckline/ armholes of the tank, and just serged the bands on. Check out that first post with details of fit alterations here. This time round I am proud of my bound neckline/ armhole finish, which I did using a small zig zag stitch (and I also used the small zig zag for hemming).
The fabric used this time is a fabulous quality Italian matte lycra from Fabworks. I purchased this fabric more than a year ago when it was first released, and I may have bought another length of this (in another colourway) more recently, as there is now very limited stock left. This fabric is breathable, washes and wears brilliantly (at least so far), and is completely opaque (even when bending over!) It feels very high end. Bonus: it’s not shiny 🙂
- Check out my first post (hyperlinked above) for original alterations made to both of these patterns
- For this version, the leggings are essentially view D, but shortened by 17 cm
- I lowered and spread the front crotch by 0.25 inches
- I added a mesh panel using some scrap power mesh I had to hand. I think the placement of the sheer panel could have been better but I am fine with it
- The tank is same as before but I added 0.5 inches to the side seams front and back below the bust. I think the fit in the back could still be improved for next time
- I ordered 3 metres of this fabric and after making this outfit I have just under 1 metre left
So pleased I got round to making this outfit as it has been on list for months! Just a shame I am no longer going to the gym (at least for now), so I can show it off.