Getting caught up with outstanding blogging. Today I am sharing a dress I made before I went on holiday to wear for a meeting at work. I just wanted something comfortable, well fitting, easy to wash and wear, and smart. I had this textured stretch woven in my stash (mystery content) and decided to use Simplicity 8292, which I have made before. Having spent some time perfecting the fit on that version I knew what tweaks I would have to make for this version.
Here’s a quick flash back to the first version:
And here is my plain black version:
- I lowered the neckline on this version by 1 inch
- I removed 5/8ths of an inch from the length of the back bodice and added it back to the hem of the skirt at the back
- I used the short sleeves that came with the pattern and did a 1 inch full arm adjustment
- I drafted 2 inch deep facings to finish the neckline of the bodice and kept the bodice unlined
- I interfaced the hems (3 inches deep), the left hand side back vent and the zipper opening (1.5 inches wide)
- I ended up pegging the skirt, and removed 0.5 inches extra at the side seams below the hips and 0.5 inches extra below the bum at the side back seams
So that’s it for today: short and simple. I am glad to have this dress in my wardrobe to be honest: I know it will be pulled out for all manner of situations.
See you all soon and have a great week ahead!