More than 2 years ago (wow! Time really is flying by), I pattern tested the Reina blouse for Pauline Alice – you can see that version here. That blouse has been worn to death. Untucked over skinny jeans and layered with a long line cardigan, and tucked into culottes. I think it’s the easy to wear shape and the flowy fabric in a neutral print which made it a winner.
So this is version two, made in a lilac coloured viscose crepe purchased from an ebay seller. I can tell you that, inspite of some initial doubts over the fit (see below), this blouse has also become a firm favourite in my wardrobe. Like version two it has been worn both untucked and tucked in, to work and to a school concert with a blazer, so far.
Hopefully the photographs are enough for you to see the details. I am keeping this post brief and just listing my fitting notes below.
- I did a 1 inch full arm adjustment on this version.
- I drafted a back neck facing and changed the order of construction somewhat to facilitate this.
- This is the first time that I made the long sleeved version of this blouse and the cuff attachment method is rather unusual…it’s almost like a burrito method for a cuff. In the end it worked out, but my corners are not as crisp as I would like, so the jury is still out on that particular method.
- After I finished this blouse (with all those beautiful button loops!) I tried it on and two things struck me:
- I wish I had lengthened the sleeves (I did shorten the pattern so it is not the patterns fault the sleeves came up a tad shorter than I would have liked!) I have lengthened the sleeves by 1.5 inches on the pattern for next time.
- I never noticed it on the first version, but this version (maybe the lack of print) would seem to indicate a small shoulder adjustment is needed? But, I have been wearing this blouse no problem and I am not sure how you would do this adjustment, given that there is no shoulder seam.
Overall, I am very pleased to have this beautiful, feminine blouse in my wardrobe. I love all the little details and it makes it very pleasing to wear.