This is my second versionof Simplicity 1716. I blogged about the first version here. This time around I used a heavier weight cotton jersey. I decided rather than doing a sway back adjustment I would make the bust and arms a size smaller, and go up a size over the hips. I think this has resolved the issue of excess fabric in the back.
The first version of this top had a twisty neck detail. This version has a cowl neck. I do wish the cowl was perhaps slightly lower…if I make again I might try and adjust this.
I also cut this version at the tunic length (mid length of pattern options). A much better length for me!
All in all, this is fast becoming one of my favourite patterns. I do need some new casual tops to wear with jeggings etc, and this pattern, with its choice of lengths, necks and sleeves is brilliant! Expect to be bored with at least one more version 🙂